- 18-in-1 Pure Castile Soap
- Organic & Fair Trade Ingredients
- 100% Post Consumer Recycled Bottle
Dr Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap is a simple, pure, natural and highly effective liquid cleanser that is made without any synthetic preservatives, detergents or foaming agents. It is highly concentrated so a little goes a long way.
This castile soap is made using a combination of water, and a variety of oils, including coconut oil, palm kernel oil, olive oil, hemp oil and jojoba oil. The potassium hydroxide used in the saponification process (the process of turning oil in to soap & glycerin) completely disappears. These ingredients and the method of production make it one of the safest liquid body washes on the market today, and the brand has been making safe and natural products since they started in 1858.
Fresh and bright with an invigorating blend of organic orange, lemon and lime oils!
The 18-in-1 name comes from the many uses you can put this liquid wash to. Here’s 18 uses with their dilution information from the official website. I’m sure you can think of a few more.
- Face Wash – 2 to 3 drops on wet hands and apply to face
- Body Wash – small squirt on a wash cloth or body sponge
- Shampoo – half a tablespoon to lather through wet hair
- Bubble Bath – 2 tablespoons in a tub
- Shaving Soap – face 10 drops, underarms 3 drops, legs 1/2 teaspoon – lather and shave
- Toothpaste – 1 drop on a toothbrush (yes, it does taste like soap, but it’s safe if you’re stuck)
- Foot Soak – 1 1/2 teaspoons in a foot spa
- Clear Congestion – 1 tablespoon in hot steamy water, breathe in mist
(peppermint or eucalyptus scents only)
- Dishwashing Liquid – predilute 1:10 ratio in water and use as a regular dish liquid
- Laundry Liquid – 1/3 to 1/2 cup for a large load
- Floor Cleaner – 1/2 cup in a bucket of hot water
- All Purpose Spray – 1/4 cup in a spray bottle with water. Pimp with tea tree essential oil.
- Window Cleaner – 1 tablespoon in spray bottle then follow with half vinegar / half water spray
- Toilet Cleaner – pre-dilute 1:4 ratio wtih water in a spray bottle with 1/4 teaspoon tea tree essential oil. Follow with bi-carb soda scrub for persistent stains
- Fruit & Veg Wash – a dash in a bowl of water. Best done with unscented. Rinse in clear water.
- Dog Wash* – best for short haired dogs, otherwise a vinegar rinse may be needed. Patch test on any dog with sensitive skin
- Plant Spray for Bugs – (not certified as a bug killer) 1 tablespoon in spray bottle with 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or cinnamon
- Ant Spray – (not on plants) 1/4 cup of the Tea Tree soap in spray bottle. It will annoy the ants and will also kill your plants. Not registered as an insect killer
Dr Bronner’s only use ethically sourced ingredients. Their palm oil comes from sustainably harvested palm fruits in Ghana’s Eastern Region and they work with all growers to ensure that farmers are paid a fair price for their harvest. The range is certified Fair Trade.